Koi Matting

catcher

I just googled that & it looks like the stuff I got from AOA once when their regular black foam was out of stock, Ben did say it was dearer & a smaller sheet at the time IIRC?

user posted image

full link here

these mattings are design for trapping large particles,such as the waste from large fish such as koi's or arowana etc.

i find that when using these mattings to filter waste from tropical fish such as tetras,discus etc, its not much use!!

i know many ppl use it for their sumps, but i reckon the best ones for sumps r like those filter blocks,they trap large waste aswell as fine ones to give it more time to degrade!!,,,,its comes down to personal taste anyway!

i ordered mine from malaysia a few yrs back, it cost me $340 ringgit,which is about $140 aust for two square metres,including delivery!

i did ask around the fish shops like Trans, and the australian koi farm(www.auskoi.com.au), but it was really dear back then!

how much do u need?

these mattings are design for trapping large particles,such as the waste from large fish such as koi's or arowana etc.

i find that when using these mattings to filter waste from tropical fish such as tetras,discus etc, its not much use!!

i know many ppl use it for their sumps, but i reckon the best ones for sumps r like those filter blocks,they trap large waste aswell as fine ones to give it more time to degrade!!,,,,its comes down to personal taste anyway!

i ordered mine from malaysia a few yrs back, it cost me $340 ringgit,which is about $140 aust for two square metres,including delivery!

i did ask around the fish shops like Trans, and the australian koi farm(www.auskoi.com.au), but it was really dear back then!

how much do u need?

I use it to go between my matrix and the base of my matrix container so the water flows through easily but matrix stays where it should. I need one piece about 400mm square. I know its expensive, I've been looking at home entrance mats that are spun in plastic the same way. The black sponge has holes that are too large, matrix falls through it. I'll give a few of the suggestions a go.

cheers

glenn

Archived