Fish tails

Eaglebarret

Let me check my crystal ball LOL.gifLOL.gif

I had a male cobwe that got hammered in Sydney with no fins left and swimming in spirals. He was isolated and eventually came good - new tail and all so the chance of recovery for yours sounds good too thumb.gif Time will tell .....

I once had a female with a male in a 2footer, and once day he went nuts wanting to mate with her. She didn't give in, and as a result, had all her tail nibbed. Out went the male, and left her on her own for a few weeks, it grew back. Luckily she doesnt hold any grudges against him and they are happily romacing each other once again! LOL LOL!

• 1 month later...

sorry to hijack but would this be the same as a split in the tail?

like having two seperate fins because its split down the middle?

its on a BN and i dont think its been picked on (its the lil sh** picking on everyone else laugh.gif ) and it like she has over fanned it out??

yer iv had the same problem with my breeding yellows and ngara flametails the males continue to haras the females with mouth fulls most the time they get there tails and side fine hammered but they still hold there mouth full

thumbup.gif

Anita's right.

It depends on how badly damaged the cells are at the base of the tail (caudal peduncle). Damage to cells which grow fins = no new fin growth.

Archived