Red Top BB's

catcher

Just thought I'd share a fight I was watching last night.

My Red Top Black Bar breeding trio have always got on very well, but last night I watched the two girls absolutely go for it. One girl has been holding for about a week and, I don't know if that had anything to do with it, (as it hasn't in the past) but during the mouth locks and mouth pushing, she dropped every egg she had. It was almost like that was the objective of the other girl. I even put my hand in the tank to get them apart but as soon as I took it out they where into it again, a minute or so later they just broke off the blue and left each other alone.

Strange, the more I think about it, the more I think it was a holding thing between them.

For those out there with more experience than me, what's your take on it?

Cheers

glenn

Jealousy, or something close to it.

My rtbb actually did a similar thing.

I ended up using a lot of small pieces of ag pipe (if floats) to give the girls a place to hide when they were holding.

I've also seen my M maingano do it too. I thought I had 2 females holding and only had one spare tank to put them in.

Turns out only one of them was holding, and she ended up dead by morning sad.gif

Jealousy, or something close to it.

My rtbb actually did a similar thing.

I ended up using a lot of small pieces of ag pipe (if floats) to give the girls a place to hide when they were holding.

I've also seen my M maingano do it too. I thought I had 2 females holding and only had one spare tank to put them in.

Turns out only one of them was holding, and she ended up dead by morning sad.gif

G'day BaZ,

I've been watching them tonight and all seems buddy buddy again. I definately think it was a holding thing.

cheers

glenn

Archived