Where to buy light diffuser?

JJHamer

Lighting wholesalers should have it a lot cheaper than LFS (but I suppose that depends on how well you know your LFS wink2.gif )

The other cheap option (but possibly illegal blush.gif ) is to use the bottom of bread crates. They come in large square and small square sheets.

I'm not suggesting to "borrow" them from the back of bakeries / general stores / restaurants, but if you know a bread van driver or bakery owner, they might give you a couple wink2.gif

bunnings dont have it , and i lucked out at electrical wholesalers ,another place i know has got it is the plastic supplies on the cumberland highway at smithfield ,bad news is you have to buy a 6x4 sheet (around the $50 mark from memory,i use what andy suggests (a friend of mine owns a chicken farm) its not very attractive being bright yellow ,the eggcrate looks better imo and the fish can see each other easily through it , if your just after one piece take a drive over to auburn (i'd ring first just to make sure ,it turns over pretty quickly)

You can buy egg crate at Perspex outlets. There are different types of egg crate about, you’ll have to make sure what is in stock will do what you want. I’ve been charged $20.00 a sheet from a place in Bankstown, but I feel it can be obtained cheaper than this.

Craig

The place is called The Plastix Centre, 9793-8944, along Canterbury Road, Bankstown. The sheet I bought was approximately 1000mm by something like 800mm, so not as big as what you bought.

Craig

Yeah i would also goto a Plastic Wholesaler. You will get it ALOT cheaper than buying it from an LFS, They might even have of cuts that they might give you if you dont need all that much

Archived