dimi comp

hilal

2 of my dimi comps females have mouthfuls,ones been holding for 7 days the other for 2 days.ive never breed these fish before and just want to know after how many days should i milk her(if i should do it).

if i should not milk her myself after how many should i put her in a tank by herself.

cheers

If you are going to separate her, do it as soon as you can. The sooner she is separated, the less stressed she'll be.

If you are going to strip, around 18 days is about the best.

Before my tank failure, I'd leave mine for 3 weeks and when under her chin got black/dark I'd put her in a floaty for the rest of the duration. When she spat I'd leave her with the fry in the floaty for a couple of days too. While most people wouldn't recommend this, it worked for me. Myself and Anita once saw one of my girls guarding fry that were spat in a tank with 30 dimi's in it for a couple of days. They really are good parents if allowed to be and to see a parent defend/take back the fry in a predatory tank situation is really cool. I doubt whether many people have seen malawi's do this. Most spit and abandon.

If I strip fish I usually wait about 3 weeks.

Chuck

thanks for everyones help. thumbup.gif i decided to take one of the females out and put her in a 4ft tank on her own.(did this,this morning) and decided to stip the other female, to see which one ill prefere to do when they have mouthfuls.

cheers

Archived