the display tank from hell

jimmilfish

Hi,

today I went into a lfs west of the mountains.A new 4x2 has been set up as a display tank,from across the shop it looked good.As I went to have a look I was amazed to find this tank contained rams ,discus and their favourite tank mates frontosa and on closer inspection their was even a tropheus moorii sp.I mentioned to a staff member on this combination of fish and he also was not impressed but this is what the boss wanted.

crikey! can you get more opposite water parameter requirements than that? shock.gif

Unfortunately mate there aint much you can do about this. I know i wouldnt like it if someone looked at my tank and tried telling me how to run it. But thats just me lol laugh.gif . he will find out when the fronnies get big and eat all his rams and when the tropheus realises it is a pretty aggro fish and nails his discus. Benno

I have seen discuss and frontosa kept together happily, both species of fish were breeding. Whilst i don't encourage it, as long as water parameters are kept 7.5ph and some KH, both fish don't mind the slight variations in water chemistry. Obviously the tropheus is a bad idea in a thak with discuss. In the end i would not comprimise my own fish by mixing the species.

Anthony

Archived