How much would expected to pay for a 4x2x2ft tank

youngy_11

Hi just wanted to get a bit of information on pricing of a 4x2x2ft aquarium. So what should I expect to pay for new and also mayby a second hand tank if its much cheaper?

Regards Youngy_11 thumbup.gif

Your best bet is to do a search on the forum classifieds for the tank you looking for. It will very quickly give you an idea of the second hand prices. Brand new you are looking around the $300 mark.

Ged

OK thanks alot. I am going to fill out the form so i can have access to the classifieds, then i have a good look. I rang the local shops and they quoted $380 so i emailed xtremeaquariums and they quoted $270 which is not bad at all.

thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

youngy_11

I wouldn't dream of buying from anyone in Wollongong. Go to Sydney the prices are much more reasonible.

Yea, Im not going to buy from Wollongong. I have found a place in Sydney near Greenacre where i can pick one up for $220. Thanks for the info guys.

Unless you're in a hurry i reckon it's always worthwhile looking for a 2nd hand tank if you're in the market for any standard sized fish tank. Can often save heaps and pick up a few extras. For example a couple of years ago i picked up a second hand 4x2x2 with stand, canister filter & a large feature rock for $400.00. Just a couple of very minor scratches. Worthwhile looking anyway.

Glenn

Remember cheap isn't always best. Check out the build quality. What thickness glass are they using? Are the panes sitting evenly? Is the tank braced properly? Are the joins properly fastened?

After working in three LFS, I can tell you tanks arent tanks. A lot of the time, you get what you pay for.

It pays to look around when i was enquiring about my 6x2x2. the first few places i quoted i couldnt find a tank for less than $650 the most expensive being $720. But i found a place that quoted me $550 for the tank and $250 for the stand so for $800 all up i was more than happy to purchase of that guy. he was reccomended by a friend as well. Benno

I work in a LFS and we seel them for about $280. That is with 10mm glass and that is what you want anythinner and it may crack under pressure. It may be worth looking into a second hand tank. My 6foot x 18 x 18 would have cost me $420 but i got mine second hand and got it for $300.

ok thanks i will look in to all the factors like glass thickness and joints. I want no thinner than 10mm and prefably 12mm bottom.

Cyas later

Archived