Aul. Lwanda "Hai Reef"

phatoscarlover

In melbourne they go for $15-25 at an LFS although there not exactly a common peacock youd prob have to order them and most dont look the same as this guy, alot dont have as much of a yellow/orange shoulder, do a google on them and youll see there can be a big diffrence in what they look like. thumb.gif Cheers Andy

Lwandas are an amazing looking fish if you get good quality specimens - Andy's is one of the nicest i've seen in a long time.

Here's a pic of a German imported Lwanda that i've been growing up for a while now.

user posted image

I've got an Lwanda also, about 6". He's not as fantastic looking as your one Andy, more dark blue in the body and less bright the orange. I don't know what locational strain he is however. I'll post up a photo within the next few days.

That German import of yours is also stunning J.S. thumb.gif

Ok, not the best photo as he's turning his body, but here's mine:

user posted image

As mentioned, not sure of his locational strain or his bloodlines, but this guy was purchased mature, only for my all-male display tank (so no love making for this poor fellow). As you can see he doesn't have as much yellow but still looks great in my lounge room however, and people always comment. I love the fins on the Lwanda especially.

Archived