todays snaps

MikeWs Fish

luv the pics especially the elongatus spot hai reef i gather they are very new to the country, alas i had no luck with my demasoni i lost the lot except one.

cheers

Sarah, the elongatus 'spot' are not 'brand new' but only a handfull of people have them. Theyre not as widespread as other elongatus that are here.

I lost 6/10 of my 1st batch of demasoni (I must have been good at killing them cryblow.gif ) Since then I havent lost a fish except for fry. I have at least one mouthful a week and they're going really well. I have them in a 3x1.5x1.5 ft tank. There is one male seperated by light diffuser and the other side of the tank is where most of the 12 or so females congregate. Filtration is a 500/l internal aqua one + Eheim pro canister filter (i think its the smallest one). Also I have one large airstone in there for them. Tank is buffered by crushed coral and dead live rock..Lots of flat rocks and also lots of caves and hiding spots.

If i had more males the females would start to struggle. Its good that they have a place of refuge away from the male and they can go over his side and sneak a mouthful in whenever they feel up to it. I think that my tank would be the minimum size tank to use for one male.

Anyways there are other people who have been breeding them longer than me that can help you too. I had luck at giving them a second shot. Maybe you will have luck with a second throw of the dice too. smile.gif

Archived