Stainless wire?

BaZ

I'm looking for a good way to keep some floating food rings in place, and I like the idea of bending up some wire hooks to tether them to the side of the tank.

I'm assuming most wire will rust being in the water, but stainless wont. Can you get stainless steel wire? I'm thinking of something the same as normal fencing wire but in stainless.

Baz I have used 304 stainless lockwire to hold plants on wood for over a year still no rust and its fully submerged .

Neil

Baz

I am fairly certain that Bunnings stock stainless steel wire in various thicknesses, lengths and they come with loops. I would give them a call first to make sure. This is an alternative source.

NEW STAINLESS STEEL WIRE ROPE" - $11

NEW STAINLESS STEEL WIRE ROPE,3MM AND SWAGED LOOP AT EACH END,IDEAL FOR RAISING POTS,ANCHORS ECT.

1.0 METER =$11.00

2.0 METER =$22.00

3.0 METER =$33.00

4.0 METER =$44.00

5.0 METER =$55.00

WILL CUSTOM MANAFACTURE ANY LENGTH,AMOUNT,CALCULATE METERAGE BY $11.00P/METER,

PRICE ALSO INCLUDES X2 STAINLESS STEEL "D"SHACKLES.

EMAIL paul1261@bigpond.com to order.

postage under 25kg $4.00 australia wide,payment money order or direct deposit.

Contact Paul Herrick on:

Email: paul1261@bigpond.com Ph: 0755278164

38 mingaletta drive

ashmore QLD 4214

Ged

Baz if you like I could bring a few metres of 1mm to the next meeting. Also you could try tig filler rod if you know any welders. The wire rope will tend to droop unless you can tension it some how

Neil

Thanks Neil, would love to have some to give it a go and see how it works out smile.gif

I don't know anyone with a mig/tig welder, where would I buy that? Hardware store?

Col I have thought about that, and am currently using something similar. I just reckon a wire hook will be a little easier to work with when it comes to removing and re-installing the rings.

Plastic beads is a good idea though, I am currently using some stainless nuts but in time the outside one might scratch the glass.

Archived