my 1st 2ft marine tank

enigma

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon in a 2ft pack it up with corals then maybe a nice pair of clowns (about $60), a small 6line wrasse ($20) and maybe a dwarf angel. Ive got a 3ft tank with a small flame angel ($90). They have very sharp flame like colours. A must for every marine tank larger than 2ft. smile.gif

This isnt mine, but this is how it looks like if you dont have a clue what it is.

user posted image

Here is my tank, still a noobie job.

user posted image

Mango cool.gif

great pics Budi , is it easy to maintain a 2ft marine tank , do you use fresh sea water or do you make it up, just curious as i always thought big tanks were only used in marine setups,

cheers

• 1 month later...
great pics Budi , is it easy to maintain a 2ft marine tank , do you use fresh sea water or do you make it up, just curious as i always thought big tanks were only used in marine setups,

cheers

i use salt. so far i haven't done anything with it... very low maintenance tank smile.gif i just set up another 2ft marine tank blush.gif

btw a new pic was added

thank you.

it needs more color though. looks so dull to me.

dimension: 24L x 12W x 18H

filtration: canister filter 300 l/hr, powerhead 350 + 600 l/hr

lighting: 2x20W, 6-8hrs/day (arcadia marine white + power glo)

fish: 2x clown fish, 1x firetail goby, 1x 6line wrasse and 1x peppermint shrimp

lovely tank ,makes me want to get back into marines, just one question,how to you get the corals to come out like that with only 40w of lighting,is there natural light falling on the tank? clap.gif

how u feed the anenomies/ coral? is it just like fertilising?

there's no anemones in my tank and i don't have to feed corals.

i add a little bit of reef buffer, calcium, magnesium weekly or so.

how to you get the corals to come out like that with only 40w of lighting,is there natural light falling on the tank?

don't know how. they like me???? tongue.gif there's no natural light falling on the tank.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived