Inactive BN and Plecos

Eaglebarret

I have a couple of BN and Plecs in a 4ft tank with some africans, and they dont seem very active at all, they all stay sucking on the heater and the filter tube, why wont they swim all over the tank and give it a good clean to get rid of the algae?

they will get around to it in their own good time , when mine did the same i only fed enough food for the other fish to eat and no more , and no left overs hanging around , so they had to start cleaning up , if they are hungry enough they will work , right now your heater tastes pretty good .

rob smile.gif

they're probably doing/going to cleaning up at night whne the fish are asleep,i ahd 2 bristles ina 4 foot with mbuna(pretty small) but they allways harrassed the bristleys in the day time.so the BN just descided to come out at night.

You will find that most cats are nocturnal.

With the exception of an overactive pictus and a very large and old pleco (17 yo) that is always out and about, mainly because he can't fit into any cave, the rest of our cats are happy to wait till sundown to play.

To that end always make sure they have some food, when the tank lights go out smile.gif cats need more than leftovers and algae.

Cheers

Aline

Archived