bolbitis (the real kind) where to get?

Nornicle

I bought a few pieces of real bolbitis for my past few tanks, but this time I need at least 4 or 5 reasonably sized REAL bolbitis pieces.

Everyone seems to sell fake (an emmersed only species of bolbitis with jagged instead of rounded edges) and the only store I know with heaps of it is Bondi Junction (but not for sale, its in the display tank)

When I bought my last few pieces it took luck and alot of time driving around,

I still have luck, just not a lot of time to drive around smile.gif so if anyone can point me to a good spot with REAL immersed grown bolbitis, im all ears and would be happy to give you cuttings down the track smile.gif

Everyone seems to sell fake (an emmersed only species of bolbitis with jagged instead of rounded edges) and the only store I know with heaps of it is Bondi Junction (but not for sale, its in the display tank)

I think Aquapets had a few on logs when I was there yesterday for a CO2 fill.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought mine from AquaMail. Ask them how the plants they have access to are grown. No running around at all. biggrin.gif

Though my plant tank is now gone, along with Nanna "petite", I put the bolbitis in a heated tank outside in a shade house. Still really slow growing though, but at least it is still there.

I don't understand what is wrong with the immersed form, I obviously haven't seen it? But at least, I should imagine once you have the rhizome, it will grow from there and replace their leaves over time to have the emersed leaf form?

Craig

Archived