H. lifalilli

anchar

Hi all,

A while back there was a post about these guys but I can't find it. There was a discussion as to whether there were any pure H. lifalilli around or whether they were crossed with H. cristatus and/or H. bimaculatus. What do you think about this pair?

MerjosAquaria

merjo

G'day Merjo

Here is some info written by Yew

http://www.sydneycichlid.com/hemichromis.html#A

By the way I am sure when he logs on he will give you his opinion. But to be honest I don't think it will be a pure strain as they seem to have been crossed, everywhere. mad.gif

It is such a shame, but you never know!

Thanks guys. i read the info about the Hemichromis sp. on the Sydney pages but am still in the dark about the authenticity of this pair. To me they look like pure H. lifalili - the male becomes a gorgeous crimson when breeding and the operculum and flank spots placement and number look correct.

I'm sure that it's possible that they are the real deal (I live with the person whom originally brought them across to WA from the east 18 years ago). These guys are true descendents from those ones. Any comments about the photographed fish?

ps. I forgot to give some to Anita when she was here for YeW to check the scale key - guess that would have been handy!

merjo

Archived