Grinding noise!

cyber_crimes

Sitting at the computer this morning I heard a strange grinding noise coming from my aquclear-500.By the time I walked over to check it out it had stopped.So I go back to the computer chair and enjoy reading the SCP forums again.Not but 5 mins later the same grinding noise occurs again.This time I walk over and decide to watch whats happening.Then I caught the culprit.One of the fish is digging a cave underneath a rock (gravel substrate) he then swims over to the filters intake pipe and spits the mouthful of gravel into the tube.Luckily the motor on the filter isn't badly damaged and I have since fitted a sponge pre-filter around the intake tube to fix the problem lol...

Best option i have found is at a hardware store in the garden section you will find black inline filters made for the black poly pipe. If you screw off one end you will find a white filter the shape and size of a test tube. these will fit on the water intakes in different ways such as fitting just on the end or over the whole tube and for bigger filters it fits inside the tube upside down. Stops everything from small bits of plant to fry being blended up.

Archived