Fish Shops

noyd

Is there any really good shops in Sydney, that don't rely on random people to come and sell them fish which then they can sell, instead... keep stocking on a good range of Cichlids?

I hate asking some shop for a specific fish and them saying "Ahh no we don't have any, they come and go. Yeah we get people who sell them to us every now and then and or we get them as people offer to sell us some." and so on.

Alot of people here keep Cichlids that I will most likely never come across in the shops that I go to, besides the really common ones.

Now you know why I'm annoyd. :lol:

I guess you have visited Riverside and St George then?

I remember when I used to dedicate my entire Sunday EVERY week cruising the shops - one to the other all around Sydney. It's amazing what turns up at the weirdest places when you least expect it to :D It also helps to establish good relations with retailers who will be prepared to help you out if you support them in what they are doing ........ you know, the old story - what goes around, comes around

Hi there, Wet & dry Gt western highway penrith way, Neptune@ st martins shopping centre,World of fish station rd toongabbie, best for cichlids out

our way mate. Hows the morrii ???????? john biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

why not just drive down the canley vale? if you can take a drive to penrith from blacktown, its no further to go south. there is 5 shops down there within 5 minutes of each other. trans keep the most cichlids of the lot with about 30 - 40 tanks worth at any one time. there is usually some nice ones up at canley heights, and the stuff down at atlantis tends to be common but well priced.

hth

i must agree that neptunes at st martins place is a really good one in blacktown. they have a pretty damn good variety of cichlids.............for out west anywho.

also the father who works/co owns the shop is really helpful if you have any questions or want to get anything imported smile.gif

Archived