Electomagnetic Air Compressors

Bit Racer

Hi,

I've just started to use a 60 lph Electromagnetic Hailea Air Compressor and noticed that it runs quite hot and the air being blown out of it is quite hot too and was wondering if this is normal operating temperature ?

I've got a feeling that the air being blown into my tanks is also hot as well causing the temperatures to remain at 29 degrees, but I can't be sure as the weather has been hot as well.

Has anyone experienced this with their electromagnetic air compressors ?

Thanks for your help.

I agree with Ben.

Some of our tanks (in the house) are on a 20 lpm pump which doesn't get anywhere near as hot as our 90lpm pump, but it's the house tanks that got the hottest, just due to the weather. We're not far from you.....our tanks got to 28.5 degrees, then we put some ice in to get the temp down a bit. They're now at about 27.

I've also never noticed hot air coming out of the air lines going into the tanks.

Cheers,

Jess.

The pump draws its air from the room right? The room temp is rather warm, being summer and all, it then runs through an electric motor. There is no cooling mechanisms in this motor. Motors run hot. Seems normal to me.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Now that I know it is normal operation, I'm going to run the air compressor again - probably running extra long air hosing so that the air can have some time to cool down before it reaches the tanks.

Tanks are now at 27 degrees running with normal air pumps at the moment.

Cheers,

hi,

you probably should be trying to run extra-short airlines rather than long ones as the pump will run hotter if it has to push against the backpressure you'll get with long runs of airline.

I had a 20 l/m unit that ran quite hot pushing the air through a relatively short run of pipe and relatively long airlines.

I recently redid the setup and now run much shorter airline tubes (and more of 'em)..... the air is noticeably cooler and the pump is noticeably quieter.

if you at that worried why not run it threw a container of cold water were their air travels threw the tube which is in chiled water(not sure how to keeo it cold)maybe a chiller etc that should cool it abit more

Archived