food going down sump system?

johnwilly1000

guys i've done my sump for 8footer.

problem is when i feed blood worm as soon as i drop in it gets sucked into sump, how can i fix this besides turning off sump cause too much hasle?

was thinking of redirecting the current towards the wall of glass. but if i do this would the sump system be less efficient?

also i would like too glue pipe joints together, wats best to use?

thanks

As far as glueing pipe joints go I went down to the local hardware outlet (of your choice - no favoritism LOL.gif ) and bought pvc pipe "glue" that is safe to use for human water tank systems.

I have been using this for all my systems and dividers and have had no trouble with it and it works so well... thumb.gif

Can't remember the name but it is in a white container, with a blue lid and the "glue" is blue and smells really strong.

I have the same problem with the food and the sump. My problem went down to water surface speed. I now use a floating feeder and a small barrier around the feeder so the food is either eaten at the top or has a chance to sink down. Works well.

also i would like too glue pipe joints together, wats best to use?

If you're talking about pvc pipes, then the stuff is called

"Solvent Cement" for PVC pipes and fittings

I've used the "Blue" type and it works ok. I dunno what the other color types are used for dntknw.gif

I redirect the current flow with a pvc elbow so it points to the front of the tank.

Drop thawed blood worms furthest away from the sump. Set up an airstone with strong airflow in front of the overflow chamber of your tank, the bubbles help prevent food from entering the overflow chamber.

This is what works for me.

Archived