OT: Awesome Aircraft Video

Dark Morelia

Hi All,

I know this is very OT but i'm so proud of this video, and thought i might as well put it here for anyone that's interested while i have it hosted for another forum.

Click Here !! [5MB]

I was Aircraft Spotting at Sydney Airport on Monday and we were at a spot right in line with the runway as the aircraft were on finals for landing, and this gorgeous rare russian cargo bird came in, probably under 100ft over us.

Lucky i had headphones on listening in to the Air Traffic Control as this baby has awesome Russian engines not made for Australian regulations and it was a real screamer, everyone else had to cover their ears woot.gif There was about a 14kt crosswind, so she hit the tarmac on one wheel with a lot of smoke.

And if you're interested in the technical stuff (i'm sure you're not) It's an Ilyushin Il-76TD with Latvian registration YL-LAL, operated by Inversija Charters, currently operating with the RAAF taking tsunami relief north, as well as troops to Iraq.

Am i aircraft mad ? just because i came home with 97 images on my camera ? nah !! laugh.gif

Enjoy.

Andy

DM

Spectactular Andy. Good going!

Thanks Guys smile.gif

It's a great spot... once they go over you the vortices of air from the jets descends around you making otherworldly little wind noises all around... it's awesome. You can't hear it on the video though due to the 'normal type' wind.

I'm just hoping an Antonov An-124 comes in next time... 2nd largest Aircraft in the world... they have been doing regular flights to Sydney recently.

Unfortunatley most of my still images came out pretty crap, i had a really high ISO setting and i didn't notice... they came out real grainy. I've heard that some image editing programs can help with it, but mine don't make any difference. Live and learn. rolleyes.gif

Andy

DM

Archived