Seachem Purigen-recharging

Cichlabxr

I have used it and re-charged it...works very well and is, like all the Seachem stuff, very good at what it does.

Just make sure you read all the instructions about re-charging as it is a 2 stage soaking process and would be very dangerous if you only did the "Bleach Stage" of the re-charging.

HTH

hmmm....but if ya read the directions properly it warns about the fouling some agents may cause and that it may become un-rechargeable when/if you use them.

I have never found that any of the Seachem products do anything less than they say they will...just got too R.F.I. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Yea I use this product also. It works as it says it will. With the recharging, sometimes I find I have to bleach it twice to get it clean (using 1 pouch in 1cup bleach and 1 cup water). The instructions I got also mention a third step after using prime or safe etc. It was to add acid buffer, I did this step the first few times, but now dont bother and everything still looks ok to me.

Anyone else bother with the third step of acid buffering?

Ed.

smile.gif

Hi all,

From my understanding of Seachem Purigen the third step in the recharge process, soaking in an Seachem acid buffer solution is only nessescary if using the purigen in acidic soft water tanks. For African Cichlids or Marine application this step is not nessecary.

HTH

@NTHONY

We use Purigen at work in our problem tanks and it works a treat. In fact it works so consistantly well that we have a bit of a running joke at work that regardless of what a problem is, say if our airconditioning isnt working properly, someone will say "You know what'd fix that?" to which the unsuspecting person would of course ask "What". Whats the answer? Its always the same, "Purigen Bro" rolleyes.gif

Archived