Fish I.D. please

catcher

This guy was one of my first peacocks, I was told what he was back then but I'm reserving opinion until You guys have a stab! wink.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Cheers

glenn

Aulonocara baenschi or Aulonocara stuartgranti 'Maleri' (Gold) (more like the latter I reckon)

Possibly - I don't have much experience with the light colored peacocks. Not sure how/why/what the differences are between Aulonocara baenschi and Aulonocara stuartgranti 'Maleri (Gold) (might be the same fish for all I know).

Thanks guys,

YeW has hit the two I thought on the head. It was sold to me as a Aulonocara baenschi but the more I see pics of Aulonocara stuartgranti 'Maleri' (Gold) the more I think thats it. I think the gold shoulder is the giveaway, the Baenschi dosen't seem to have it in the pics I seen. Good guessing guys! clap.gif

Oh, I mean thanks for imparting your vast knowledge wink.gif

cheers

glenn

Hi Glenn

In my opinion it is not a Maleri gold, but a Maleri island which was identified by Ad Konings on his last visit here.

The body is too 'tall' for the Maleri gold - they are usually more slender in shape.

It is a lovely fish regardless.

WAZ.

Hey guys,

I reccon its a Aulonocara sp. "Stuartgranti Maleri" (Chidunga Rocks). See the second pic in the Cichlid forum profiles. It's a ringer for my guy.

glenn

Archived