Did anyone get anything fishy for Christmas?

Willy Wombat

Hey guys - guess what some lovely person left me under the tree this morning?

A fluval 404! Its just what i wanted, and has "age of aquariums" stamped all over the box, so hopefully the purchaser got a good deal!

Did anyone else get anything fishy for Christmas? heater, tank? what. Tell us!

Hope it was good if you did

cheers - im off to eat some ham!

I think over the last few weeks i have had that many different fish and spawning i think all my christmas's have come all at once...

I would not dare ask my wife for a pressy after the last month and comming month

:D

Mike

aurea@optushome.com.au

My (so called) loved ones thought it was funny to give me a marine fish print kitchen apron :rolleyes: As if I'd ever be cooking...I have someone to cook for me :unsure:

On the plus side I did recieve some money, the Grandparents still insist on sending it to me despite my protesting, so I suppose I'll buy some fish.

-Shaun

Just got back from the family feast...

too.... much....... ham

I have gut cramps :o :o :o

urgh

Good to hear that a few other people got some fishy presents!

I got another 3 foot tank, with heater millenium 2000 filter gravel and all the odds and ends to go with it except a light and a stand so i cant really set it up till i buy myself a stand and i dont have a job so it might be a while till i can set it up but thats ok. at least i got what i did aye

I'm buying myself a kind of pressie ... Jason and Michelle's maingano. :^:

And we did have seafood a couple of days before ... barra, snapper, flattie and whiting, as well as prawns, and a pippi soup ... handling the fish made me think (once again) of what good fillets my 26cm or so tilapia would make ... they are safe from that though! :)

Well this is my first post here so here goes....after having a tank break my mum bought me an awsome setup for xmas. It consisted of a 95L tank, wooden stand and hood, air and water pumps gravel, food, water treatment stuff (nitorvec and the other stuff) and then $100 worth of fish. I went out and bought some the day after once i had everything right ph is 7.4-7.6 (around that) so I bought some (i think they are called) Zullu Point cichlids and some cobolt blue thingys. This is the first time ive had tropical fish so just stay with me as i get to remember this stuff. I bought a Male and female of both and they seem to get on ok...except for the male zulu who is being a dudE. He has an obsession with digging his tank up, chasing and shimmerying the female and i think she is gettin a bit stressed out about him. Next i will be getting one or two clown loaches and 2 more cichlids but i have to have a look around. Any suggestions? Oh and i bought them some cave things too and they love them. And they are already eating out of my hand after 4 days cool.gif

These are some pictures but cant seem to get them to work on the forum but goto these links to see them:

Tank

Tank n Fish

Cobolt

Zullu

Archived