Suggestion Box

YeW

Hi Guys and Girls -

I'm wondering what people think would be a good addition(s) to ACE forums. Keep in mind its not possible to implement all ideas, and some run contri to other goals etc.

We do welcome constructive criticism here at ACE.

Is it possible for the calendar to be utilised a bit more. I noticed that the ACE BBQ was listed but nothing else. Could it list various state cichlid society meetings etc. I suppose the ACE Advertisers may be able to add when they have sales on. If it is a matter of time for someone to sit down and add dates to the calendar I would be more than happy to do so.

Gerard

Hi Ged -

We can certainly do that. We used to do just that, however, we've fallen a little behind! It would be good if we could have some well respected volunteers (state reps - preferably long term members) who we can give calender editing access to smile.gif.

Edit:

I've just been chatting to BaZ who tells me we already have some members to do this (its just a matter of proding them LOL).

Will look into it.

Could it list various state cichlid society meetings etc

Hi Ged

Use the link in the Site Navigation Box to the left of these posts (if you use a skin with a side bar that is) Use the link titled Links. You will find quite a few there.

If anyone wants extra links on that page just let me know. (So much for having a break LOL.gif . I'll keep doing the web site for now wink.gif )

Dave i think we need to have an American Cichlid forum, it seems that they have not been discussed alot lately and i think some of the American lovers would be appreciative. This would encourage more chit chat about Americans, which seems to be lacking.

Anthony cool.gif

Hi guys,

I raised the idea of a "transposed" Breeder's List before, where the threads are the cichlid species, and people add posts to indicate whether they breed/used-to-breed/hope-to-breed them. The first post might consist of a brief description/profile of the fish, or a link to the ACE and/or SCP fish profiles.

It might help people to get familiar with the scientific names (especially the new ones).

Cheers, Paul.

If i can take the liberty of expanding on your idea Paul.

An old web site had a great idea called the krib project. The whole idea was to take the good old krib, and carefully select fish to breed to improve quality, and then to swap the fry around to further diversify genes in the fish.

The Cichlid society people have extended the idea by naming 4 species in need of attention to avoid becoming extinct in Oz, and it seems to be working.

Using Paul's concept and the numbers of people this site attracts we could possible target say 10-15 species for attention and pin them to the top of the list. Once a number of people are working on any species and succeeding we could replace pin with another species.

Stephen

Hi Guys -

All ideas being raised will be discussed by the admins and I'll get back to you... however,

Ant -

An american cichlid forum has been discussed before. I think by placing american cichlids away in another forum you actually reduce the exposure of both american cichlids and american cichlid hobbyists to other parts of the hobby. Thus - past admin teams have always avoided this idea, while attempting to promote under-kept cichlids whereever possible and sensible.

Paul/Gingerbeer -

Sound like a good idea to me (the "rare" species listing) - like all ideas in this thread it will be discussed by the admins. Would either (or both) of you be willing to compile, edit, maintain such a list? Its sad that Simon's Krib project (which was, as GB states, about selective line breeding) wasnt as enthusiastically received as it perhaps should have been.

Slinky -

That's a feature we've never had for the simple reason that we sometimes have people wishing to cause trouble who post their message, get people riled up and then delete their message so we cannot see what has happened. I dont think (but again, will consult with the other admins) this is a feature that will be available at ACE anytime soon.

Archived