mini frontosa

odessy

hi all.

i know there is no such thing as "mini frontosa" but i have seen pictures of a fish that is relatively small and looks remarkably like a frontosa. i have been searching the net for a while now but havnt been able to find a picture of it, its name or any info on it. if anyone knows the fish im talking about could you please remind of the name.

thanks in advance

I had a few sex Sexfasciatus's and bought them at around $13.95, they were about 3cm to 4cm, at a shop.

So you can easily pick them up for real cheap from a breeder, ask in the classifieds section.

I hate the name "poor man's frontosa". Puts a very negative spin on what can be a stunning species of fish.

I know frontosa can also be stunning but i feel sorry for these fish being labelled as a poor man's anythng because they look similar to another species, as IMO they dont deserve it.

end rant :o

----------------

I agree, "poor mans frontosa" does sound a bit negative toward the fish. Anyway here in perth tret and Front fry go for about the same prices, but true when they get larger fronts do fetch a bit more!

my 2 cents worth

lee :)

It is kind of funny though hehe.

Over here in the US these two fish almost have the same price tag. Neolamprologus tretocephalus are just slightly cheaper (couple dollars cheaper).

I personally love the fish.....makes a great addition to a tang tank.

Archived