Frozen food

Matt88

:D

Matt,

Mine is mainly the same as Anita's the 'DIY' section, But I leave out the cod oil and I use Agar instead of Gelatine. I dont make it up in such large quantities either. Mine has

500gm Marinara mix

1 white fish fillet

8-10 prawns (whole prawn shells and all)

about quater of a bag of mixed vegies about 150 grams (peas, corn & carrot I think it is)

1 bunch of fresh spinach ( I used to use frozen but I think fresh is best)

1 tablespoon spirulina power

and agar ( 1 tablespoon to 1 cup boiling water)

I just put in a blender and munch it up. Put into zip lock bags and roll out flat, then lay in freezer.

:^:

Josh and Evelyn

You can also adapt the recipe to suit the diet of your fish. For instance for tropheus you would use less (barely any) fish or prawns and add more veges. For your piscivors you up the fish content and decrease the amount of green stuff. I have also heard of people who keep americans throwing in the occasional cricket and earthworm.

I keep big americans so when i make frozen food ill throw in anything that is meaty. I use whitebait whole prawns cockles pilchards a tiny bit of either red steak or beefheart and a tiny bit of lver a quarter of a teaspoon of garlic a hand full of peas some lettuce or spinach throw all of the meat into a food processer with a cup or two of water until it makesd a smooth paste then add the veges and process for a further minute or so. Pour into ice cube trays and freeze. This stuff lasts me ages and costs under $20 to make up about 10 trays. HTH Benno

P.S remember niot to put in too many animal products as this is hard for fish to break down theyre stomachs etc were not built to digest this stuff so remember not too much

This is mine smile.gif

1/4 kg minced beef heart ( less fat)

3/4 kg shrimp (green) ...

1 handfull frozen brocolli ...

1 tee-spoon ascorbic acid ...

2 tee-spoons agar-agar...

2 table-spoons powdered calp...

4 x multi-vitamin tabs ...

1 small tin baby carrots...

Blend / pack / freeze / serve ... smile.gif

Andy..

Ps. next time i'm putting TOMATO in too wink.gif ...

Archived