O.T. Camping / fishing advice.

poxboy

Hi everyone.

Just wondering if any of you have good camping or fishing spots around the great lakes area that you would like to share. I got injured at work so I need a few days R + R ( and a few cases of coopers red wink.gif ). Also anything weird or interesting up that way that i should see ?

Thanks y'all.

Bretto.

hey if your into snorkeling or looking at marine fish there is a fair few fish to be seen in that area as long as you get the tides right also basically anywere is a decent fishing spot in that area once again depending on tide

thanks

Hi Bretto,

We have a house at Crowdy Head, just north of Forster and I fish the area 4-5 times per year.

Sorry can't help with camping spots but I can tell you that at this time of year you will get jewies off the breakwall day and night on live bait and some decent Tailor from the rocks and beaches at sun up and sun down.

If you go to www.fishingmonthly.com.au you will find weekly reports on fishing in Forster.

Good luck and tight lines.

Chris

I went camping in Myall Lakes National Park in January. It is about 45min south of Foster/Tuncurry

I stayed in the Mungo Brush camping area. It is on a stretch of land between the Myall Lakes and the Ocean so you can do beach fish or drop a line in the lake for some estuary fish.

The camping is basic but comfortable. Pay about $8 per night for a site and there are toilets but no showers. You need to take your own esky and camp oven etc. Take the turn-off to Hawks Nest and follow the signs to the National Park. It is about 15 mins past Hawks Nest.

David

there is beter camping facilities at treachery camp.theres hot showers,pay bbqs toilets,wood available and a shop nearby.its $11/night.one minute to the beach.

i cant recommend that area for fishing as ive not tried fishing there.

if you turn off the highway at buhledelah and head towards forster, you come by the seal rocks turnoff[bout 1/2 hour.take this road right to its end ,passing a caravan site and ending at a general store.turn right at the store go about 5 minutes and take the 1st left into treachery camp grounds.mungo brush is found south past treachery

Archived