A slightly different angle for the classifieds

catcher

G'day all,

I had a thought the other day, and it is either really laim or reasonable, you guys decide. (It was 51% to the reasonable side for me.)

I have a few of tanks that are producing fry constantly, I don't consider myself a breeder as such, so adding my details to the breeder section would seem wrong to me as there are guys out there that do this as their part of the hobby most of the time.

Would it be reasonable to post in the classifieds what fry you have and at what stage of development they are as a "future reference" for people that want certain types of fish. I would ask then to send me a pm saying what they want, and when they are at saleable size I get back to see if they still want them.

This way I know I have a reasonable chance of selling the fry, no guarantee but reasonable, and people will know whats available from who, or at least me.

If you look at the breeder register the vast majority haven't been updated for a long time.

Just a thought wink.gif

glenn

I reckon I could find 100 posts in the breeders section of people breeding 1-3 species. And not in big or consistent numbers.

What you are saying, is IMO exactly what the breeders register was introduced for?

List your species there, and keep it up to date, and it should be perfect for what you want.

ps. as for the breeders register not being up to date. I think most people, like me, have what they have, breed it, and it doesn't require alot of updateing. I don't have endless tankspace to continue building my breeding stock with all the new species I take a liking to.

I would say the great majority of people listed in the breeders section are doing something very similar to what you are Glenn, the best place to put your details is right there IMO.

catcher i think its a good idea ,i had a thought the other day but i think this would take a great deal of organization and some dedicated individuals that is ,when people buy fish either to get a pair or colony ,their generally related ,my idea is for a fish bank whereby excess adult fish are held and swapped one for one ,species for species, to avoid inbreeding,likewise if anybody is growing up a colony of say electric yellows he could contact someone doing the same and if they exchanged 3 fish each it would go a great way to saving viable populations of heathy fish

Archived