Australian Air EXPRESS ha, ha

anchar

Well i would screen first and edit anything i thought inflamitory/slanderous etc

I would hate it to read like this ...

' NEWS FLASH '

Harderned 'Sydney Cichlid' Crime Syndicate , threatens aviation officials over

D.O.A. Interstate livestock shippments ... Word on the street has it , that the

recent incompetant handling of beloved livestock , between alied Aussie states !

Could lead to a blood bath on the tarmac . Talks begin this afternoon at the

Surf Club Penrith in serch of a resolution for this Global issue ...

Something like that i prolly would'nt submit :lol:

Andy...

Hello!

I sympathise with everyone who has had a non-positive experience.

Getting conpensation is pretty hard unless the freight is specifically insured, otherwise the best you can hope for is Warsaw Pact payouts, unless the contract of carriage specifically states otherwise. Caveat Emptor. Been there, done that, had a horrid time for three years and ended up in Supreme Court over a seven figure amount - can't comment owing to the terms of the settlement.

I use a lot of airfreight in my work and found AAE didn't meet our needs very well.

However, we turned to TNT and everything gets there on time or earlier, every time. They are very traceable - con note numbers mean something. I don't know the AQIS position with these guys.

However, that said, I have found that international air movements from Week 1 December to Week 4 of January are not the most reliable at all. Local movements are pretty predictable.

Fedex and DHL, afaik, don't handle local consignments. IME, I wouldn't entrust livestock to them as they are bone idle and caught up in procedures and couldn't care less about who is losing how much money or how big a facilitation payment one would give for a swift handling of an urgent item.

If anyone is interested, I can check it out with my freight forwarder on which line can do livestock and deal with it correctly and on time. PM me.

Cheers - OziOscar.

Archived