Planted tank with salt

pride

Hello,

I am wanting to add some anubias and java fern to a tank which I keep a little salt in, 1 tea spoon to every 10l. Will the salt be a problem for these plants? If so are their any other plants that could tolerate this that are also low light type plants?

I added the plants and at the same time rearranged the decor and yep I don't like my handywork mad.gif . Don't you hate that. I'll let it stay as is for a few weeks and see if it "grows" on me laugh.gif . I also added some giant val which may be the spoiler?? Oh well...

stay away far from salt in plant tank.

when salt added the plant root will stop take nutrient so u might face algea wost nightmare or plant will deteriating.

HTH

Are you adding salt for brackish water? If you are,seachem makes a product to create that brackish water and is plant friendly so it says, but is a more expensive option and if u have large tank it wont be worth it.

What cichlids have u got? I had anubias with malawis and it turned the anubias into a horrible looking piece of plant and all the new leaves that grew didnt stand a chance, even my kribs eats my baby anubias leaves sad.gif

Archived