Pictures of my bettas

aurea23

These fish are local bred stock from a friend who was going to breed them but decided to get out of fighters.

I have yet to breed these fish yet. But i am looking towards the results.

the exception is the black/blue / red half moon....He is an imported fish

Michael

aurea@optushome.com.au

Hi Michael

great photos , how do you keep them, i bought one today and was told not to mix it with any other fish , i got mine from High Fin on Blackburn Rd Syndal, the last one i had only survived a week so i hope i have better luck this time

Sarah

Gorgeous fish and great photos. Hmmmm....I remember the days of dozens of Moccona coffe jars lined up on the shelves, trying to unite the right pair for that one special offspring!!! :rolleyes:

merjo

Hi sarah

I have mine in a heated shed so i just have 9 or 15 inch tanks with plants in there and light for plants to grow and thats it

Water bout ph 7.0.... They breathe air so no really effected by ammonia etc...

Impotant to have correct temp and not to feed more than they can eat in 2 mins

Mike

thanks Mike

thats my only worry that the ph is a little too high about 7.6 i think its the black gravel, mine is in an aqua one tank with a heater as its still getting cold at night. No plants , i havent found any really nice plants at a good price .

cheers

Hey Mike,

Your not totaly correct on the pH thing so im sorry but ill have to correct you abit.

When i kept bettas my pH was around 7.4, but they can really be kept and bred in any pH level.

I have one inside my tang tank which has a pH of 8.4 and hes doing fine.

cheers

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Archived