Painting Racks

Ged

Could someone recommend the type of paint (i.e. acrylic v's oil, flat v's gloss) that is best for use on racks that will hold tanks for a Rift setup. I am after something that is very durable and I presume that black would be the best colour. The racks will be metal so that may influence suggestions.

Gerard

I used black enamel spray paint to touch up my racks I think that it would be expensive if I had to to whole racks again so there may be a cheaper option but for me it was the easiest.

i would use spray paint, u can get coloured Rust guard spray from hardware/ kmart but is much more expensive than Export paint which can be bought from a $2 store, while the "export" brand is cheap it isnt a bad paint and is what i actually used on one of my stands which dosent look to shabby, There are also other brands such as White Knite which offer rust guard paint but once again it isnt all to cheap, so my suggestion is visit ur local k-mart

hope that helps

depends how good a welder you are , but generally bolting is stronger and more convinent if you need to move it -welds can crack, id make it up, drill all the holes , and then get it powder coated then put it together

I paint all my steel stands in white kill rust, usually because i have tanks waiting to go on them and dont want to wait to get them powder coated which is the best option, and painting is cheaper.

my metal racks are all welded using galvanised square pipe.then i painted them with $2/can export paint.i had to use the primer to get the paint to stick better.without it i got rings /not a flat finish.primer just a better result.painting is worthwhile for sure.

I used Killrust aluminium color, it looks neat and isnt too distracting. Using a brush instead of spray is more economical and if its a real slick and smooth finish your after just warm the paint a little bit before you start.

Bob

I used Killrust aluminium color, it looks neat and isnt too distracting. Using a brush instead of spray is more economical and if its a real slick and smooth finish your after just warm the paint a little bit before you start. My racks are all welded and 1.8 mtrs tall so i dont even want to think about the cost of powder coating.

Bob

Archived