Divider

gingerbeer

My plan is to divide my 4 foot tank into two sections. I have the glass cut, and have siliconed it into a tank before.

My problem is I can't remember which silicon I used (I vaguely remebr someone somewhere recomending the one I used), or how long I should cure.

Tank is being set up for my dwarf cichlids, hence concerned about curing as I believe that silicon while curing sends tanks alkaline.

Thanks guys,

Steve

I have used a silicon based tubing between glass and divider before (split the tubing), it works geat, it won't seal perfect (sometimes can) but it holds up. You just have to be carefull when doing water changes as if you do water changes the pressure difference in chambers could cause the divider to fall, you could always put somthing there to stop the divider from falling.

Anthony :8

I've just made myself a whole lot of custom sized dividers from fly-screens. Bought the frame and screen, measured all the tanks and bingo exact fits for whatever the tank size you want! In and out whenever you want too. :D :D

If you seal the divider you will have a 3-4 degree difference between the section with the heater and the section without (depends on thickness of the divider) I use old u/gravel plates with fly wire siliconed over them. :)

Thanks AdelaideAnt, I would have never thought of that.

I used airline hosing and split down one side to fit over glass. TO fit tight I used another length of airline and pulled down inbetwen silicon lined glass and outside of tank. Works so far, but I think water chagne will be interesting.

i think the suction cup dividers let go when the rubber gets old the glass will end up on the floor of the tank.ive seen plastic or glass strips silicond in in pairs to hold glass dividers then they can be removed.i like the idea of plastic screening to flow water through to each section.

Archived