Sparkling (pygmy) Gourami where to buy

zappy

I have 6 of these fellas atm, i got them in the LFS up here (3 different shops over 2 weeks) i have them in a heavily planted community tank, there is no filter or light, the tank sits on the balcony.

They share the tank with a pair of Indian gourami, 5 bumble bee gobies, a bumble bee catfish and a borneo sucker.

They are spectacular little fish, heaps of personality. Since i've got a few in there they always seem to be jockeying for position, chasing around each other, trying to form pairs i think? Top fish!

Mine have a blue/green irridecent sheen, but their body colour seems to be white with red patterning. I tried to get some pics, but they're that tiny and there's so many plants, it's proven impossible!

When i bought mine i had no idea what they were, they looked like little gourami, which was what we needed for our planted tank experiment. So i just got em and waited for em to get bigger, but they never did and i haven't regretted it at all.

As far as different colours go i didn't think there were any others, but i could be wrong. mind you they are really timid so maybe they need to be in a better environment before they will settle down.

HTH

Archived