Fluval or Aquaone Cannister filters

Chafule

are the aqua one cannisters the same as the pro aqua range on sale at AOA?

Apparently they arent the same filters, despite them having the exact same product code, eg Cf1000, they are apparntly cheap chinese rip offs. I read this in a thread somewhere, cant remember which one. I dont think Pro Aqua are as Good a Quality as Aqua Pro (Via Aqua), but cant say this from experience, only from reading. Then again Pro Aqua filters are about $40 cheaper over Aqua Pro, so maybe they are ok for a cheaper price. Do we have a Gear Review section on this site somewhere?????? If not, we need one.

Hello...

Just my AUD$0.02 worth...

I have some AC500 and they're OK (2 x on a 3' tank with 3 x SD, 1 x GD and 1 x pleco poo-machine) but they're so darned noisy when the water level drops through evaporation.

If you have the budget ($100-ish), a small cannister would be nice. I have three Resun AE-308 cannisters and they're doing just fine at between 18 months and a year old. No issues at all. They come with extra o-rings, impeller, full media set, quick connect taps and valves, al the hardware to install immediately... cheap as chips and quite effective. They are quiet enough too. Their only defect is that the clips that hold the head onto the chamber are a bit delicate compared to more expensive german hardware but they are replaced under warranty for nothing (and out of warranty too if you have a good relationship with your LFS).

There are some low-cost internal filter sets around town, like the Tetratecs and similar, and they're just fine. All depends on the tank size the intended livestock.

I'm also from the over-filtration school because of having kept Oscars for a long time. They're messy fellas and need >8x turnover per hour. smile.gif

Just evaluate your options well and you'll be both happy with your purchase and happy with your livestock.

Cheers - OziOscar.

Archived