Coming to NSW for Christmas

Aquaman

Hi Folks,

I'm coming up to NSW for the Christmas break. My wife's family live in Lithgow, not exactly the most exciting place to go...

I know some (well - at least one :) ) of you live in the Blue Mountains, I'd be interested to meet if anyone's able.

I'm particularly interested in meeting people keeping/breeding Julies, Ngara, breeding Cuckoo's and Tropheus. Also keen to meet folks with fish rooms so I can get my head around some great ways to effectively manage such set-ups.

Thanks for reading, and have a great Christmas everyone.

Cheers

Richard

Well let me know when ur up here and if you feel like dropping in i'm usaully talkative. Not much in the way of fish ATM but that'll change next year hopefully. I just have kribs, multis, and J. transcritpus "Gombe". I also have a female Telmatochromis brichardi that i'm looking for a mate for.

4754 5284

mark ur my neighbour, im in winmalee.............just down the road =)

at the moment we have 9 tanks, not sure how effectively we have managed them =)

keeping the following:

venustus

c moori

dimidichromis comps

aulonacara usisys

baenschi benga

hajomylandi

saulosi

blockheads

acei

calvus

lombardoi

johanni

rostratus

fusco

thats about it

when did u say ur heading to the mountain?

Hi bek, good to see another cichlid keeper in the mountains!

It seems the mountains is slowly taking over as the hub of cichlid-keeping in sydney :lol: Now all we have to do is get the nswcs to shift their meeting place to somewhere more convenient to most of us. How about Springwood??? :p

Richard, I'm pretty busy over Christmas it seems, but feel free to let me know when you will be here, you are more than welcome to drop in for a sticky-beak if I will be home. Post some dates here, or you can email me at baz @ bigfoot.com.au

Hi Richard,

Agree wholeheartedly with Baz....definately the new 'hub' of fishkeeping. Where was the old one again???? :D

Like the majority of people, Christmas is also a busy time for us, but Matthew and I would love to meet you - as i am sure would our fish.

If you are interested in saying hi let us know on 02 4782 9764 and if we are around you are most welcome. :p

Cheers

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the reply's and e-mails very much appreciated, :) so kind of you all to invite me to meet.

I probably won't be able to catch all of you, however I'll see how I go. leaving tomorrow and arriving Tuesday 1:30 am in Lithgow...

I'll be in touch Baz as per our chat a few moments ago, look forward to seeing as many of you as possible.

Cheers

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Returned from my NSW trip yesterday.

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to Baz, Matt and Aline for having me in your homes. Very much appreciated.

I'm sorry my visits were so breif, hopefully next time I'll be able to stay a little longer. The BBQ idea for a future catchup was great Baz...

Great to meet you also Griffin(s) and Anita.

To Bek_h and mountain mark, I'd love to take you up on your offer's on my next visit if possible (no idea when yet) would love to see the dimi's + gombe's in particular...

Cheers smile.gif

Richard

No worries, yeh had a very hectic xmas! so many family members to see and so little time

hopefully by the time u venture to the mountains the dimi's will be colouring up a little. They are starting to get really beefy now biggrin.gif

just let us know next time your coming down

my number is 0414622181

bek

Hi Richard,

It was lovely to have met both yourself and your wife on what was a very hot and hazy New Year's Day. The hazy part was how my head felt by the way.

Hopeful that the next visit will be a bit longer and we will ALL hold Baz responsible for organising THAT BBQ biggrin.gif

Cheers

Glad you made it Richard, was great to meet you both.

Plan for a whole day (or evening) and we'll all eat, drink and be merry.

Aline you'd better speak to Matt, he seems to be in charge of booking seats for you guys at various mountains functions for 2004/2005 tongue.gif

Archived