Tropheus

jebe

Gday people

Just thought id let you know that I am now the proud owner of 15- one year old tropheus bulupoints wub.gif

There so cool, up and down the tank flat out very very fun fish to watch

Thanks to all the people who helped me out with there info on these guys

Cheers wink.gif

Justin

Ohh I have two mouth full’s already tongue.gif

Congratulations Justin and welcome to the tropheus world smile.gif enjoy your bulu points mate.

ps. There is a few people that were after bulu point fry of late wink.gif

a few months ago Bay fish in QLD had them for $16 each at 3cm if you bought more than 15, but who, would get less anyways at that price youd get 40 of em lol

hmmm....yeah, if you have faith in buying Tropheus from a wholesaler. sadsmiley02.gif And what is the survival rate of the T's after you buy them from the wholesaler? And what did the parents look like, was their colour exceptional or average, did they have any deformaties, were the fish off their food B4 they left the warehouse, etc, etc.

Saving "Cash" and buying Tropheus do not always go hand in hand.

hmmm....yeah, if you have faith in buying Tropheus from a wholesaler. sadsmiley02.gif And what is the survival rate of the T's after you buy them from the wholesaler? And what did the parents look like, was their colour exceptional or average, did they have any deformaties, were the fish off their food B4 they left the warehouse, etc, etc.

Saving "Cash" and buying Tropheus do not always go hand in hand.

Good point Maz - couldnt agree more

According to Steve(BengaBoy) bloat survey, tropheus losses from bloat were extremely higher when purchases were made from lfs and wholesalers

Well at some stage breeders would have to buy from a wholesaler or importer. If you didnt how would you expect to get new morphs and new blood lines. As far as I know there is no breeders importing tropheus. Just my 2c worth. rolleyes.gif

just a thought..but most wholesalers would get there initial brood stock from importers, of they are importers themself...would this be a correct assumption? i have seen on the bay list that some of the tropheus are imported, or have german in brackets behind them. also would a whoelsaler be able to get enough fish from private breeders.

but as mentioned people like to see the parents, of their fish espesially considering the number and related costs of getting a colony of tropheus, this can be a lil hard living soooo far from breeders especially if they wont ship.... last lot of fish i bought (21 kiriza) required a 3 day trip to brissy and back to pick them up.. but was worth it, because as mentioned you can see the parent colony, and all their full mouths! also you can chat to the breeder, and catch up with like minded mates, you rarely get to see.

Archived