Expresions of interest in marine forum

Willy Wombat

Do you think you would benefit from a marine forum on ACE? Would you use it?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There may be an option to start one up on ACE. I have kept marine fish before and i know there are a few marine aquarists that frequent this site. If we get a favourable response it may be possible to get a dedicated page. If you think it is a bad idea please feel free to state your opinion too.

Let me know

Cheers

WW smile.gif

I voted for Id like to read to learn about marine..

Alot of people say they wish they could upgrade or theyd like to upgrade to marine tank. Not me.. Im very content with my cichlids..

thumb.gifthumb.giftongue.gif

i voted the top vote - to have one to share info on cause i keep marines.

however, i think it deserves nothing more than a little section like the tankbusters, etc have.

i also think that there are other bigger more complete and established sites like the Reefing the Australian Way Forum, which does for the marine community what this site/forum does for the cichlid community.

even just today i referred someone to this site... so maybe it's not completly needed to have a marine section in here, but rather a link to there?!?!

i dunno. just my 2 cents worth.

Grace

If there was a marine section, I would definately read it for interests sake, but wouldnt get involved much... HOwever a link to a dedicated SW forum I would ignore as it seems like so much work to go there for a browse LOL.gif

I stated no, because there a couple of marine specific Australian based forums that are quite good that have opened up recently.

Anthony. K smile.gif

i just had a though. i think that we need an "off topic" forum and a "technology" forum (for camera talk, etc) before a marine forum.

just a thought... how big do you want it to get????

i like the idea of expanding. cause i must admit since i've been into marines, i'm not here much at all, BUT i'm sure there's plenty of things that i could learn here too.

the off topic forum, and the tech forum are both forums i've found useful on a site, and keeps it a lot more structured.

also, extra forums in the photo forum. one for ids, one for tanks just to show them off, one for comps.

it could go forever and ever.

as anal as it it, "The Whitlams" official forum (as in the band) is totally nazi arranged, but it seems to work nicely.

I would benefit from a Marnie section.

i am thinking of setting up a Marnie tank soon. it would be great to only have to visit one site to gain the information. It would also be good to speak with other interested people to be able to find good prices on all equiptment and supplies.

Archived