A few american cichlids

discusdude

Hey Alistair,

You have some very nice south americans mate, what size tank do you have them in? I too like your braz, do they get agressive with age???

Oh and did i see an oscar in one of your pics or did my eyes decieve me.

do they get agressive with age???

Not really. They are pretty placid. On par with oscrs i would say. However their formidable size makes them a worthy candidate for more aggresive American cichlid tanks. I will put up some spawn pics tomorrow.

Cheers

Wilsta, don't mean to confuse or suggest Alistair is wrong, but think more opinions is better generally blush.gif

From my experience, I found my braziliensis much more aggressive than any oscars. I used to breed them quite a few years ago (when good quality fish were much more common sadsmiley02.gif )

They are definately not on my recommended tankmates list for the more placid eartheaters.

HTH

ps. NIce pics Alistair, good to see some Americans for a change thumb.gif

Thanks for your opinion ducksta.. gee i didnt know they were as bad as oscars! A peaceful geo wouldn't have a chance. I just have to ask what do you mean by aggressive as in chase, scare off, or hunt down and kill??? plus is this when they are in pairs or in general single specimens? blush.gifunsure.gif

Ah here are some pics of the braz and sajica with their eggs. IME my braz have never harmed or touched anything, including each other. They have been kept with red humps, red horse face, green horse face, fire mouths and sevs. They were juveniles at the time however.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Cheers

Alistair

Archived