Change to the rules for this forum

Cichlids_au

Hi Folks

I have just changed the rules for this forum. I have done this so that YeW can use selected images on the SCP. He has a large gallery of images and I have given him permission to use images from this site.

He has also given permission for ACE members to hot link images from his site. Obviously you can't use them to enter competitions but you can use them to illustrate your posts for whatever reason.

The specific change is to rule 4 and the old and new rule is repeated below

Old rule

4. All original pictures posted on this forum are eligible for inclusion in the ACE gallery (with author rights given of course). If you do not wish for this to happen, or would like your picture removed, please include a statement in your post saying so or email one of the ACE Administrators or Moderators.

New rule

4. All original pictures posted on this forum are eligible for inclusion in the ACE gallery or other site as deemed appropriate by the Administrators (with author rights given of course). If you do not wish for this to happen, or would like your picture removed, please include a statement in your post saying so or email one of the ACE Administrators.

I don't much like the "or other site deemed appropriate by the administrators" part.

If, say, it were limited to ACE and SCP Galleries specifically, i'd find it a bit more palatable.

Now I'll have to edit all the posts i've made with photo's of mine in them rolleyes.gifdry.gif

Cheers,

Andy

Dark Morilia (Andy) - it might be quicker for you if you just put a line in your signature indicating that you would not like your photos to be used

Something along the lines of

"Please do not reporduce images posted by me in this forum"

Hi Guys -

I'm more than happy to ask folk before I use photos in the SCP gallery (currently undergoing major revision).

If anyone would like to give me up front permission to use their photos - feel free to say so in this thread or email / PM me. I should also add that I tag any untagged photos with the photographers name and the fishes name - again, if anyone is unhappy with this please let me know you dont want me to use your photos in the SCP gallery (its fine by me :D!).

Cheers -

Dave aka

YeW: I dont have a problem with my photos being used, Just want to know if they are being used thats all.. Id hate to load up the gallery and see a bunch of my pics there without my knowledge.. thumb.gif

Echo Lepper's comments.

I don't have a problem with my photo's being used, i'd just like to know where they're being used.

I actually was gonna do the signature thing, but i was too tired last night, and besides that, if i added anything else to my sig, it'd go over the size limit unsure.gif

Count me in for the SCP gallery too Dave thumb.gif

Andy

Archived