my fish

MikeWs Fish

My fish have been breeding like a bunch of rabbits recently and have made me eat a considerable amount of ice cream (for fry nurserys)!!!! I have put on 2 kilos in the past 2 weeks or so!

I suppose i could have worse probelms!

I might add that the friend responsibe for getting me back into fish came over today and she was very impressed with all my tanks! Also we weere lucky enough to watch my auroras spawn and i explained exactly what was happeneing to her. Quite a good experience thumb.gif

Maybe you all need to quit with the high tech business with hose contraptions and start hauling buckets for your water changes. thumb.gif

I put on weight when I had a knee reconstruction. I spent alot of time on fish in that period but I can only attribute the weight gain to my lack of activity woot.gif Water changes are good therapy and exercise. If you have to, haul the buckets to the furthest bit of garden instead of right out the door LOL.gif

Gotta agree with you there Ducksta,

water changes bucket by bucket is GREAT exercise. I always used to seem to work up a sweat particularly in summer. Nowadys i use the old hose the majority of the time except on snall fry tanks etc

careful with them azaleas ducky, they like acid soil. if you keep adding hard alkaline water to them you will take the soil pH up and kill the lot. then your mum will love your fish even more lol. I learnt the hard way and lost 20 odd 4 year old azaleas that way and I wasn't so popular wink.gif

Gav, I think you told me that story before, I haven't changed anything though blush.gif When it comes down to it I think my water is better than no water. Although my water does include quite alot of unbuffered water from an overstocked SA tank too tongue.gif

Actually my brothers girlfriend is some kind of gardening person (Landscape Architect?) and she tells us its one of the healthiest azalea's she has seen in sydney for the last few years LOL.gif Just another green thing I reckon zipit.gif

Archived