Inverter Air Con

Cichlid_KB

Hello all, im after some advice from those with reverse cycle units for their fish rooms, preferably the same as mine "42PQV Power Inverter". I suppose all the units are generally the same so i would like to hear from everyone.

My room is 7m x 3.9m x 4.9m

If you want the tanks at 27oC you set your unit at 27oC?

What fan speed do people use? or just automatic fuction?

Do you use different functions different times of the year(like just heating in winter) or just the automatic fuction?

How long will it take for the heat to transfer to the tanks? a few days? I suppose it will take alot longer for my 6fters to heat up? The larger tanks will run cooler?

Mine is suppose to run 24/7 as the power consumption is lower, then turning on and off.

KB

You can speed up the heating of the water process by using conventional aquarium heaters till they reach the desired temp, then just turn them off and use the split system. Thats just my logical thought, im not sure how well aircon cools/warms water.

HTH

Alan.

With the heat of the next few days KB don't worry about getting them to 27 as the sun will do it for you. I would think running it on auto would be best otherwise you will have to keep adjusting the settings.

Apart from the low voltage crisis this morning, all is going well. Had to shut everything off for 2 hours, luckily no longer.

Fish are just about ready to move to their bigger tanks, including ur phenos and foai Ben. I suppose i definately need sand for the foai?

KB

Archived