Motoro Ray

illusn8

What size tank have you got them mate?

Very impressive.. Motoro rays are awesome..

Id consider keeping them, but my lack of knowledge in the upkeep and simply having the space to house a tank of that size just isnt pheasable for me at this point in my life.. How long have you had them? Will the motoro breed in captivity?

If you got any other useful info/experience you could quickly share id be much apppreiative.. Tah champ... smile.gif

Lepperfish, currently they're living in a 6x2x2 but thinking of upgrading later on...

Don't let rumour put you off keeping FWS..they are quite hardy.......the most important thing is to take care of your water and everything should be okay.Do regular water changes..

Hi mate,

It may just be the timing of the shot and the angle but the 3rd last shot may be getting fin curl.

But anyway great shots.

thumb.gif Can you give if you have time a run down on the tank and food, water paremters etc etc that you keep these guys in.

cheers tangy1

Lepperfish,

you don't really need substrate it doesn't harm the ray in anyway, substrate causes fish waste and leftover foods to be trapped and can cause water quality problems that where things goes wrongly. FWS are very sensitive to ammonia and nitrite so that is why I choose to raise them in a bare bottom tank but it's all up to personal choice.......

illusn8 ,

please in way take my post as being disrespectful. As I said I thought it just the angle or the timing of the shot.

They are awsome fish I am even thinking of getting a pair for myself.

Can you please give parameters and feeding routine. clap.gif

tangy

illusn8 ,

please in way take my post as being disrespectful. As I said I thought it just the  angle or the timing of the shot.

They are awsome fish I am even thinking of getting a pair for myself.

Can you please give parameters and feeding routine. clap.gif

tangy

Tangy1,

I didn't take your quote in a bad way, it's good that your very observative...

well my set up is nothing special Tangy1.......I'll take you through briefly

tank size=6x2x2

filter= standard 2ft mini reef......its important that you have a biological filtration it does most of the hard work for you......(when I get a chance I'll post a pic of the filter setup)

water parameters

I never measure the hardness of the water..

PH=7.6

temp 27.5

NH3(ammonia)=0

nitrite=0

nitrate (I usually do small water changes once every 2 days after they're fed to control nitrate)

feeding routine, twice per day in the morning and afternoon. I'm feeding them black worms, earth worm and small strip of salmon. Currently training them to take prawn..but that is still a long shot wink.gif

Very nice specimens......great addition to any tank. Gotta have plenty of disposable income though scratch.gif

You can get Motoro rays @ Auburn. I think they are $1100 for ~10-12cm (not including tail of course). They have two left.

rolleyes.gif

Archived