fenestratum

yellow

i saw one of these fish at riverside on saturday first time ive seen one.then i saw a great pic of one on the photo section here.just wondering what thier availability is.are they as rare as hens teeth or are they common.it was the first one ive seen but to be honset i havent been looking for them.can anyone help me out.

They do show up now and again but not as common as synspilum. I was at Riverside the other day too and they had a descent selection of the not so common American cichlids. Had some nice juvie Uaru amphiacanthoides.

They are great fish. I wouldn't class them as 'rare' though just less common. Just make sure you get some good quality stock. I have seen alot of garbage fene's around. It is better to wait and make sure you are buying quality rather then rush out and end up with poo quality fish.

Thye are quite drab which is why i steer clear of them before they hit 5" at that stage you should have a fair idea what they will look like when adult. The colour on the face/head should be quite obvious by then.

Archived