Safe

Phenomena

Hi,

I need to buy 1kg Safe soon. I missed out on the collective bulk buying organised by Gav last time. Does anyone know where I can get it for about the same price? I may take 2kg if needed.

Thanks,

DD

Hi all,

Thanks for the interests and thanks Gav for offering to organise it thumb.gif BTW, how much is it now?

Ok, let's see:

- myself, 2kg

- Andy, 2kg

- marls, 1kg

- carlos, 1kg

- Jim, 1kg

- 3eyedfish, 1kg

- Cichlid_KB, 1kg

- Scienceman, 1kg

Total 10kg...need 10 more, only half way Doh! scratch.gif

DD

ditto above... is it $65 a kilo?

hi gav how do u organise a bucket? do you just order it from the seachem office in turramurra?

How many litres will that treat?

it says on the website to remove Chloramine: use 1 measure to each 40 L. what on earth is one measure? one teaspoon?

The measure comes with it when you buy retail clap.gif

If memory serves me correctly: It is 1/16th of a teaspoon? thumb.gif

If Gav buys a bucket, you wont get the measure - so you will all need to find a "WIZZ FIZZ" spoon as this is equivalent woot.gif mmmm wizz fizz... I remember when I got my SAFE, eating the WIZZ FIZZ was the best part wub.gifLOL.gif

I HIGHLY recommend anybody with questions to utilise the SEARCH feature on the forums. There were multiple threads in both the technical and classifieds sections which would answer ALL these questions and the ones you haven't even thought of asking yet, if you cared to read them.

yummmm wizz fizz woot.gif i cant remember the last time i had one of those! good to see they still make them!

alternatively prince there is a reply to this post by serial cichlid with a link to SAFE from seachems website for more info.... and yes it its basically prime in powder form

So,

If theres 5grams in a teaspoon and 1/16 teaspoon treats 40L for chloramines then,

1000grams($65) divided by 5 times by 16 = 3200 x 40 = 128000L?

A kilo treats 128,000 L ?? for chloramines, 256,000 for chlorine or

under 64,000 for ammonia?

Someone check my maths?

Ill take a kilo, who do i pay, where do i pick up?

KB

Sounds like something I should also have so add my 1kg to the list. Has anyone used it when cycling a new tank?

How do you like to organise pickup and payment method?

Cheers,

Scienceman

Archived