Zuchini

pride

I put it in at lights out and take it out again in the morning. I then put in a new piece that night before lights out again. If I don't the other fish pull it to pieces and I have to pick up little bits for days.

I leave it there over night and take it out in the morning when it has been totally stripped bare then i take out the skins. I have found however that sometimes the water clouds and sometimes it doesnt. laugh.gif

wazza

G'day Pride

I happily leave it in the tank until it is all gone, but only for a maximum of 3- 4 days. Then I remove any that is left {This rarely happens, most of the time it is gone within 1 - 2 days}.

If it is lasting 3- 4 days then you need to re-evaluate the amount you are feeding your fish.

depending on what is left at the end of 3-4 days, you might want to try a thinner slice. Also, if its simply wighted and not blanched it will last that full 3-4 days smile.gif

i only have a few that eat it readily, and certain parts go first. at day 4, only a little skin is left.

hey edward, how do you prepare your zuchini? do you cut it up and then boil? how much is piece in size? and how long do you boil it for?

I boil it until it's soft.

I slice it around 3-4mm thick round pieces.

I freeze it and run it under tap water for 1/2 a minute before putting it in the tank.

Feel free to give it a try.

As a matter of interest, why don't you just slice them up, then freeze them. Then zap them to thaw and cook, then throw them in?

As a matter of interest, why don't you just slice them up, then freeze them. Then zap them to thaw and cook, then throw them in?

I don't know.

I could try it. I find by boiling them that they will sink without the need of some kind of anchorage.

Archived