Water ageing drums

fishfuel

Hi guys,

does anyone know where I can purchase a large drum (>120l) or similar to store mixed water for ageing? I've been made aware that it's safer to buy them labeled 'food safe' but I imagine these can be fairly expensive so alternative suggestions are also welcome.

I'm close to Sydney so a local dealer would be ideal unless it's bought online.

cheers for you time.

Dave

go to go lo and get a 140 or 150 litre tub they have a lid and wheels and must be safe i've got three of them running at the moment with about 30 fish in each and ive got no problems with them same as getting a drum except there rectangular and have wheels

Thanks BB. Actually I've a few of these myself which I use for water changes but I'd prefer to have a taller upright drum as apposed to a box shaped one. Only because it's going to be in an area where you couldn't even swing a small furry animal. :o

Gutty thanks for the tip but as you say "a bit on the pricey side"

......please keep the idea's coming people.

Who's Lungy?? Why Lungy??

Love the dancing santa's, dead sexy !!!!! :88: :^:

just rang em. $10 for a 200L barrell, $150 for a 800 or 1000 L. the 200L are just a big blue barrel, the others are about 1mx1mx1m. sounds like you will need a station wagon, 4wd or ute to get the 200l though, they aren't gonna fit in a standard car.

Archived