Quick setup

MikeWs Fish

Hi guys,

In one tank i have an aqua 1 500l/h filter and an eheim pro 2 running. I bought a new 3 footer (to house my colony of acei 'ngara'). I put the 500l/h filter from the 1st tank in there along with using old aqaurium water from 2 differnt other tanks to fill the new tank. It's now just oover half full. I intend to slowly fill it up with old tank water from other tanks over the next few days. sould I be right to put some fish in there without any hastles? Ive got six aeci in there and they seem happy as larry.

Mike W

Mate, thats exactly how i set up new tanks every time. I would fill it about 60-80% with old water, and then top up with fresh clean water, its just like giving the fish a water change IMO woot.gif

ps. howd those fish settle?

Matey, they're settling in very well thanks. Ive already got them eating their sera veggie pellets. I reckon they will breed soon. Males are already displaying. PS I got from seven hills to dover heights in about 40 mins yesterday after your house. That has to be close to a a world record. I think i only got 2 sets of lights and the toll!

Do you reckon ill be right adding all 17 of the acei now? or add them in gradually over the next week or so? After puting the livingstoni with them a few of them were gasping this morning in the original tank. I went and bought them oxygen pumps (and a brand new 3fter! lol) and they seem fine now, just dont wanna risk them.

thumb.gif

Mike.

I just setup a new 4fter, half filled with old water, put old filter on it then topped up with fresh water. Then i added 150 babies. No deaths 1 week later, IMO i dont see a problem addding fish straight away, as long as they like same ph as ur other tanks.

KB

Thanks mate. Ive had no problms adding fish in with aged water (from another aqaurium) and a brand new filter in the past. Just wated to be sure. Should be ight since im using a filter that was in use in another aqaurium.

Mike

Archived