Spare 4' std

Ash

I'm finally getting the 7' bay front I bought a few months ago so all the fish in my 4x14x18 will be transferred into the 7' for life. This begs the question of what to put in the vacated but totally cycled 4'.

I currently don't have any african's whatsoever tho I'm kinda partial to alto comps. If I go alto comps how many should I get/end up with?

I assume this tank is too small for fronts?

Mainstream Malawi's don't interest me in the slightest, and being in a fishroom masses of colour are pointless. Is there anything different I could try?

Or maybe non-cichlid? Perhaps something to breed or maybe one largish fish to live by itself as a pet? I guess I could even go marine?

Don't bother suggesting any neotropicals as I have too many already, I'm after a change. blink.gif

Any suggestions?

Thx

Ash

Mate, if I had an extra 4' tank here, I'd have it full of existing stock in seconds. r I'd buy some Aulonocara from Nigel. Fry, quarantine, hospital, all are worthy causes for a spare tank. I would just keep it there as a spare for one of those things if it came up. Then if ever you came across something that really took your fancy, that you just can't live without, you have somewhere to keep it.

Try and import something that tickles your fancy then have a go at breeding them. I know it isnt as easy as I made it sound but having a colony of fish no one else has and breeding them would be quite a thrill I imagine. Just a suggestion smile.gif

Moray eel?!?!?!

There's one FS at a LFS about 25cm long fro $80, according to that profile it "should" be ok in a 4' by itself. (I think it's a snowflake)

Any thoughts? Gives me something to do with excess convicts too! ohmy.gif

(I know they are marine/brackish, I'm not going to kill one)

Morays can be painful to own. You have to make sure your tank is escape proof. They can get into the most unsuspecting places. They don’t do much during the day other than sit there gaping. Your call Ash maybe your ready (if not already) for a dabble into herps. Lots of cool herps you can keep in a 4.

finances dictate that I go with Ducksta's original current stock/hospital/quarantine ideas. thx for the replies

Archived