Gday

Cichlid_KB

About time you got yourself over to this forum wink.gif

KB has just picked himself up an instant fishroom clap.gif

Are those tanks up and running yet?

They were just an expansion(doublish) and unfortunatly they arent up and running and wont be for a while yet, the insulation is progressing but i am still undecided on how to heat the room.

Reverse Cycle or gas heating?

Anyone have an opinion on how they heat their fish rooms and the cost of either of these methods or other methods. I am really at a loss. Last elec bill was thru the roof as i was using individual heaters(no option we moved house and there was no time for planning). I dont expect another bad bill because it is so hot now the heaters dont have to work much.

My room is 7mx5mx3m. It will be insulated with the new aircell stuff of two walls and wall bats on the other 2 walls and ceiling bats for ceiling.

THanks KB

I would definitely favour gas as the cost of gas is so low.

If you use a space heater (fan driven) that has a temp setting then it can actually keep the temp fairly regulated.

The down side with gas is the noxiuos gasses that are left (unless you flue it). If you don't flue it the an alternate possibility is that you have the air pupms outside of the room so that all your tanks have 'fresh air' pumped in.

Just some thoughts

Andreas

I used to heat a single car garage in Sydney with an attached open laundry and my winter bill used to go up by roughly $350 - $450. Mind you it was only a small heater, not big enough for the room so it was probably working overtime and the insulation was pretty good but not spot on. The more tanks you have in your room, the better the heat will be maintained and therefore the less heating required thumb.gif Mine used to run at about 26C in winter.

If cichlids are your passion then you have come to the right place..

Welcome and enjoy your stay, im sure you can learn alot and maybe pass on

a thing or 2 to the rest of us.. thumb.gif

yeah as everyone has already said welcome

whilst society at large will claim we are a bunch of obsessed lunatics

this site has got plenty of other cichlidophiles who will keep reasuring you that you are sane and society is crazy. blink.gifcool.gifthumb.gif

cheers mate.

Archived