What can i feed monoculus

Grouch

I have a could of monoculus but they wont eat pellets or flakes or any dried food.

They only seemt o eat brine and worms and thats it. What is another alternative on feeding these guys? Or how can I ween them onto friend food?

Thay are about 7cm in lenght now.

cheers!

They wont eat brine for long. They are just too small. Mate the best way to ween them onto dry stuff is to make sure they are hungry when your putting the dry stuff in. Also it will help if they are a slow sinking type food that will move around in the current. Otherwise dead/frozen foods might be your best/cheapest option. Whole small fish from the fish markets (like whitebait or pilchard) bought by the kilo and frozen.

• 3 weeks later...

i feed my monoculus fish fillets.i buy a fillet from the supermarket and cut it into tiny pieces while its still frozen and toss it in they love it.just make sure thier small pieces as theyy tend to take the big bits as well but because they cant swallow them they spit them out.i find its the cheapest way to feed them.forget pellets its too much effort and starving them in order to get them to eat will only effect thier heatlth.mine are about three to four inches long at the moment i have eight and id be lucky if it cost me ten dollars a month to feed them.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice guys...finally i got them onto pellets..! I found a way to attract them to pellets. I fully ditch the pellets into the water so they think its a bug or sumfing landing on the water surface (they tend to go for things that drop in the water with fast movement - like an insect) then they would eat it. If the food was just places in the water surface, then they dont eat it. Interesting behaviour. tongue.gif

Archived